- Investment Expertise
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Our equities credentials
Standard Life Investments manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum. While distinct in their risk tolerances and return objectives, our equity portfolios share a common goal: to consistently add value through active management.
Our equity investment process combines focused portfolio management with proprietary research and significant firm-wide resources. Much of our success is based on our exceptional team which adheres to our clear philosophy and robust, repeatable investment process. The team maintains comprehensive coverage of global markets and enjoys direct access to company management at the very highest levels.
Our areas of excellence include:
- Global equities – our global equities team stands at the heart of the more than 60 portfolio managers/equity analysts working across Standard Life Investments. The team draws on its collective investment insights to build global equity portfolios that include its highest conviction ideas. The team’s mandates encompass core, unconstrained and income-oriented strategies.
- UK equities – our highly regarded and well-resourced UK equities team has the full FTSE 350 stock universe under constant research coverage. The team’s investment portfolios span a wide range of strategies, including core, income, unconstrained, high alpha and ethical.
- European equities – our European equities team of seasoned investment professionals invests right across the European equity universe. The team manages a broad range of products to suit various investor profiles, including core, income, ethical and unconstrained.
- GEM equities – our global emerging markets (GEM) equities mandates are managed by a highly experienced and well-resourced team. These include single country and pan-regional portfolios, deploying core, income and unconstrained strategies.
- Smaller companies – our smaller companies team is widely regarded as one of the strongest in the industry. The team scours the under-researched (and under-invested) smaller companies universe to uncover new opportunities to add value to client portfolios, managing UK, European and global mandates.
- Japanese equities - our Japanese equity portfolios are managed by our strategic alliance partner Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SuMi TRUST), the largest asset manager in Japan. We believe that this on-the-ground presence provides a critical edge when investing in Japan’s equity markets.
- North American equities – our high-calibre teams in Boston and Montreal invest in the US and Canadian equities markets respectively, managing a wide range of active North American mandates.
To find out more about our equities capabilities please contact us to arrange a meeting.