- Investment Expertise
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Our fixed income capabilities
Standard Life Investments offers fixed income capabilities across a wide range of sub-sectors and geographies. Our commitment to the asset class is underlined by the extensive range of fixed income strategies we have developed to meet the needs of both existing and new clients.
- Investment grade corporate bonds – clients can benefit from our credit expertise across the major global corporate bond markets.
- High yield corporate bonds – for those clients seeking a higher yield credit, we offer a range of global high yield solutions.
- Government bonds – our capabilities extend across the world’s government bond markets and cover a broad range of strategies.
- Emerging market debt – we have a dedicated and experienced emerging markets team, enabling investors to access divergent economic fundamentals between emerging and developed markets.
- Inflation-linked bonds – includes a range of regional and global inflation-linked bond strategies for investors with concerns over the future path of inflation.
- Absolute return bond strategies – these seek to provide positive performance in all market conditions, while also helping to carefully control investment risks.