- Investment Expertise
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Absolute Return Bonds
The Absolute Return Bonds strategy targets cash* +3% each year (gross of fees) over rolling three-year periods, with expected volatility of less than 5%. This is in line with historical bond-market levels of return but with less uncertainty.
To achieve this objective, we seek genuine diversification, investing across a wide range of fixed income investment opportunities in both traditional and advanced asset strategies. These include credit, government bonds and currencies. In addition, we routinely use a variety of conventional derivatives for investment and hedging purposes.
To maximise return potential, we combine a broad range of macro and tactical positions to create a portfolio of strategies that complement each other, chosen specifically to work well together in a wide array of economic outcomes.
Benefits of Absolute Return Bonds
- Low-risk bond returns – the portfolio aims to deliver returns similar to those investors could expect from a long-term investment in global bond markets, but with lower risk.
- Experienced investment teams – the portfolio combines the talent and skills of our over 60-strong fixed income team and our award-winning multi-asset investing team.
- Performance across market conditions – using directional and relative value strategies, the portfolio targets positive returns whether markets are rising or falling.