- Investment Expertise
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Through the lens
- 01 December 2016 Credit - stick to the fundamentals
- 23 November 2016 European Retail – the age of digital disruption
- 28 September 2016 Emerging Market Local Currency Debt - putting country first
- 18 August 2016 The rise or demise of the machines?
- 13 June 2016 Wall Street versus Main Street
- 18 April 2016 Ringing in the changes
- 23 March 2016 Planning ahead
- 18 February 2016 Global credit – 2016 threats and opportunities
- 10 February 2016 Just the tonic
- 11 December 2015 Fusion – where macro and micro meet
- 07 December 2015 Focusing on the fundaments in Europe
- 12 October 2015 The Smaller Company Paradox
- 16 September 2015 Going local down in Acapulco
- 01 September 2015 Getting real in Europe
- 29 July 2015 Global credit – looking through the interest rate noise
- 26 June 2015 Is China on the right track?
- 05 June 2015 Banking on a recovery in Europe
- 25 May 2015 Emerging market debt yields a world of opportunities
- 14 May 2015 Off the beaten track - looking for GEMs
- 28 April 2015 Small but Perfectly Formed
- 27 March 2015 US high yield: alternative funding makes the path from distress to default less likely
- 13 March 2015 Evolving business models – not for the straight laced
- 05 March 2015 Asia Pacific and European Real Estate
- 23 February 2015 Connecting People – can Europe follow Nokia’s lead?
- 27 January 2015 Oil Well and Good
- 15 December 2014 Untangling the web
- 24 November 2014 Volatile or Versatile? Adding value with currency pairs
- 10 November 2014 Opportunities and challenges in Jokowi's Indonesia
- 28 October 2014 The myth of emerging market portfolio flows
- 13 October 2014 Profiting through volatility
- 26 September 2014 The Quest for the Right Relationship – Absolute Returns
- 16 September 2014 Stayin' Alive – Global Equities
- 10 September 2014 Europe driving global dividend growth – European equities
- 01 September 2014 Driving returns – US equities
- 11 August 2014 Elementary changes to retailing – Global Equities, US
- 07 August 2014 Power to the People – Indian Equities
- 30 June 2014 On the right track – China equities
- 09 June 2014 Russia, Ukraine and the curious lack of contagion – Emerging Market Debt
- 12 May 2014 Electric Dreams – Global Equities, Japan
- 28 April 2014 Cash is King – GEM Equities, China
- 01 April 2014 Well Diversified and resilient – Absolute Return Bonds
- 17 March 2014 Engineering a new business model – Global Equities, Korea
- 01 February 2014 Emerging Education – GEM Equities, China and Brazil