- Investment Expertise
We’re finding that an increasing number of institutional, pension fund and high-net-worth investors are turning to private equity in order to enhance their portfolio performance.
We are committed to supporting the insurance sector and have a dedicated insurance solutions team.
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
- 21 March 2017 What makes politics tick? Understanding political risk in markets.
- 01 February 2017 Standard Life Investments continues to hold boards to account
- 30 January 2017 Standard Life Investments expands Real Estate research team
- 23 January 2017 Standard Life Investments Strengthens ESG Investment Team
- 10 January 2017 Regime change – 2017 a pivotal year for policy
- 12 October 2016 Standard Life Investments announces new team in Singapore
- 10 October 2016 When politics and policy collide
- 06 October 2016 Standard Life Investments Extends Ryder Cup Deal to Paris 2018
- 19 September 2016 Mastering Financial Stress
- 05 September 2016 China at a crossroads
- 15 August 2016 Standard Life Investments strengthens ESG investment team
- 19 July 2016 What will trigger a rise in long-term interest rates?
- 21 June 2016 Standard Life Investments Grows Japan Team
- 16 June 2016 Standard Life Investments launches American Equity Income Fund
- 14 June 2016 Standard Life Investments and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Strengthen Collaboration
- 03 June 2016 Standard Life Investments Long Lease Fund Purchases Glasgow Student Accommodation
- 24 May 2016 Royal Dutch Shell AGM Statement
- 10 May 2016 Bosera and Standard Life Investments launch Global Emerging Opportunities Bond Funds
- 28 April 2016 2016 Ryder Cup captains ring the NASDAQ Market opening bell
- 28 April 2016 Standard Life Investments expands in Japan
- 13 April 2016 Are the recession alarm bells ringing?
- 02 March 2016 The Global World of Governance & Stewardship
- 17 February 2016 Standard Life Investments appoints new director of change and technology
- 08 February 2016 Where are we in the credit cycle?
- 04 February 2016 Standard Life Investments appoints new head of stewardship and ESG investment
- 13 January 2016 Structural Reforms in China
- 11 January 2016 Standard Life Investments to partner The British & Irish Lions
- 22 December 2015 Reasons to be Highly Selective in 2016
- 14 December 2015 Pressure and Change in the European Insurance Sector
- 27 November 2015 Choosing Between Emerging Market Economies Is Key For 2016
- 20 October 2015 Standard Life Investments Highlights the Impact of Millennials on Values Based Investing
- 08 October 2015 The implications of financial stress
- 10 September 2015 Standard Life Investments appoints multi-asset investment directors in Asia
- 29 July 2015 Standard Life Investments appoints Multi-Asset Investment Directors in Asia
- 02 June 2015 Emerging Market Risks Hotting Up
- 28 May 2015 Little Positive About Negative Rates
- 22 April 2015 Standard Life Investments Increases Global Real Estate Reach
- 09 April 2015 The Impact of ECB QE
- 12 March 2015 Made in India
- 18 February 2015 Standard Life Investments builds out Infrastructure Debt team
- 17 February 2015 Mind the gap - USA v Europe
- 26 January 2015 Oil’s perfect storm
- 18 December 2014 2015 Pivotal Year for Global Markets
- 21 November 2014 Standard Life Investments Reinforces Multi-Asset Capability
- 06 October 2014 Standard Life Investments Enhances Infrastructure Investment Capability
- 02 October 2014 How Do you Solve a Problem Like the Euro?
- 04 September 2014 Standard Life Investments Enters Into Global Collaboration Agreement with Manulife
- 14 August 2014 Real Assets, Real Potential
- 13 August 2014 Standard Life Investments Delivers Defining Decade
- 10 July 2014 From Shareholder Spring to Shareholder Consultation
- 01 July 2014 Standard Life Investments Completes Acquisition of Ignis Asset Management
- 27 June 2014 Scenario Analysis - The Way Forward
- 24 June 2014 Real Estate Appointment by Standard Life Investments
- 06 May 2014 The M&A Cycle Speeds Up
- 03 April 2014 Focus on longer term fundamentals
- 20 March 2014 Power to the people
- 03 March 2014 Governance & Stewardship under review
- 28 February 2014 Gerry Rocchi appointed to Standard Life Investments’ board
- 12 February 2014 Weaker Yen: No Cure for Japan's Ills
- 04 February 2014 Standard Life Investments wins award for socially responsible investment
- 20 January 2014 Corporate cash is key to growth of risk assets in 2014
- 09 January 2014 Standard Life Investments goes double Dutch
- 12 December 2013 Governance & Stewardship Principles and Policy Guidelines strengthened
- 09 December 2013 The economic and market outlook for 2014
- 21 November 2013 Standard Life Wealth joins Standard Life Investments
- 12 November 2013 Risks and opportunities in the post global financial crisis environment
- 12 November 2013 Standard Life Investments drives forward Asian expansion
- 08 November 2013 A broader vision for competitiveness
- 03 October 2013 Sustainable Earnings replaces Sustainable Yield
- 25 September 2013 Standard Life Investments hires Virginia Devereux Wong as head of Wholesale in Asia
- 11 September 2013 Man versus machine
- 02 July 2013 Standard Life Investments appoints head of commercial Real Estate Debt
- 27 June 2013 Is the West resembling Japan?
- 03 June 2013 Standard Life Investments means business in Europe
- 16 May 2013 Harvard & Stockholm duo scoop Standard Life Investments finance prize
- 13 May 2013 Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternatives
- 22 April 2013 Standard Life Investments appoints new Senior International Economist
- 09 April 2013 What can western economies learn from Japan’s experiences
- 04 April 2013 The regulatory pendulum
- 26 March 2013 California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) invests with Standard Life Investments
- 27 February 2013 Standard Life Investments lifts the lid on Governance & Stewardship
- 16 January 2013 Standard Life Investments targets further growth in Asia
- 31 December 2012 UKCPT owned properties achieve environmental standard
- 18 December 2012 The Outlook for 2013
- 06 December 2012 Standard Life Investments improves voting transparency
- 13 November 2012 Why real estate, why now?
- 05 November 2012 Standard Life Investments appointment
- 12 October 2012 UKCPT secures 8,000 sq ft letting to Sportsdirect Ltd at No. 190-192 High Street Kensington, London
- 13 June 2012 A mountain of cash
- 09 May 2012 Earth, water, fire and air